Fixed Dentures with Dental Implants
Recent advancements in dental technology have revolutionized treatment options for patients experiencing issues with removable dentures. Achieve enhanced stability and permanence with implant-supported dentures, providing a reliable alternative to traditional removable options.
Improving Denture Stability with Implants
Explore the pros and cons of bridges and implants, weigh the merits of traditional dentures versus implants, and determine if implants surpass the alternatives.
Are you grappling with wobbly or poorly fitted traditional dentures? The Perfect Smile offers diverse treatment solutions to address gaps, restoring both function and aesthetics for individuals with one or more missing teeth. While dentures are recognized for their cost-effectiveness in replacing missing teeth, ill-fitted dentures can lead to mobility over time, resulting in various oral health problems.
Addressing Missing Teeth
Our clinic takes pride in offering a range of repair methods to restore missing teeth, tailoring solutions to meet individual needs and budgets. As experts in restorative and implant dentistry, we employ various systems that cater to diverse cases of missing teeth. Our skilled technicians use top-quality materials and brands to create realistic-looking false teeth.
Egham Dental Care offers 0% Finance
Pay monthly with 0% finance via our partners at Tabeo. Implants have never been more affordable via this amazing facility.
Challenges with Loose Dentures
Patients wearing removable dentures often express discomfort and embarrassment due to issues encountered daily. Loose dentures can lead to gum irritations, mouth infections, and difficulty eating and speaking naturally. Prolonged use of ill-fitted dentures can even contribute to jawbone shrinkage, emphasizing the importance of correct tooth replacement.
Enhancing Denture Stability with Implants
Utilize implants to secure and reinforce dentures and bridgework.
In lieu of removable dentures, anchored by dental implants, fixed dentures enhance stability and simplify oral functionality for patients.
Moreover, implant-supported dentures mitigate the common issue of dentures gradually losing their firmness.
Contrasting Traditional Dentures:
- Diminishes jawbone strength
- Removable apparatus
- Requires removal for cleaning and sleep
- Accommodates a lengthy adaptation period
- Hampers eating
Innovative Implants Offer:
- Stimulated bone growth and overall oral well-being
- Swift, pain-free surgical procedure
- Natural tooth-like functionality
- A few months for the titanium screw to seamlessly fuse with the bone
- Facilitates effortless speech and chewing.
Implant-Stabilized Dentures Procedure
During the procedure, titanium screws (implants) with integrated ball-tops are inserted into the jaw, fusing securely with the bone. Typically taking about an hour, the procedure can be done under local anaesthesia. Your existing denture is modified to fit comfortably over the implants during the healing phase. Minor discomfort may be experienced during or after the procedure, alleviated with prescribed medication and a modified diet. After healing, the denture securely snaps onto the ball-tops and can be easily removed for cleaning.
Permanent, Fixed Dentures
Implant-supported dentures offer a permanent and fixed solution, utilizing dental implants for stability. These fixed dentures eliminate the issues associated with traditional removable options, such as weakening the jawbone, the inconvenience of removal for cleaning and sleep, and the prolonged adjustment period. Advantages of implant-supported dentures include:
- Shorter surgery and healing times
- Less invasive
- Minimal post-op discomfort
- Long-lasting and robust
- Fuss-free maintenance
- Cost-effectiveness with fewer required dental implants
- Optimum comfort compared to removable dentures
While implant-supported dentures may entail higher initial costs, the long-term aesthetic and oral benefits outweigh the investment. For personalized advice on this treatment, consult with a qualified restorative dentist to discuss the procedure in detail.
- Reduced surgery and recovery durations
- Minimized invasiveness
- Limited post-operative discomfort
- Durable and robust outcomes
- Effortless upkeep
- Utilizes fewer dental implants, rendering it cost-effective
- Ensures optimal comfort compared to removable dentures
- While potentially pricier than traditional dentures, the enduring aesthetic and oral advantages outweigh the initial expense.
Should you deem this treatment suitable, we recommend a thorough discussion with a proficient and experienced restorative dentist to guide you on the appropriate course of action.
Before and after gallery
Dental Implant Expenses
The cost of a dental implant is contingent upon the necessity for additional treatments ensuring the success of the implant.
Dental Implant Queries
- Lifespan of Dental Implants:
- Can Dental Implants Endure Indefinitely? Once the implant integrates with your jawbone and tissues, the titanium implant functions like a natural root. The duration of your implant's effectiveness relies on the enhancement and maintenance of your oral health.
- Pain and Discomfort:
- Is Pain Associated with Dental Implant Placement? When we position the implant, we ensure a pain-free procedure, utilizing various sedation methods suitable for nervous patients.
- Age Requirement for Dental Implants:
- Is There a Minimum Age for Dental Implant Treatment? While there is no specific age limit, our dentists recommend individuals to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure.
- Safety of Dental Implant Treatment:
- Ensuring Safety in Dental Implant Treatment: We employ comprehensive planning systems to guarantee the success and safety of the implant treatment.
- Value of Dental Implants:
- Assessing the Benefits of Dental Implants: A dental implant offers numerous oral health advantages, including smile enhancement, realignment of adjacent teeth, and protection against gum disease.
- Pain in the Implant Process:
- Managing Discomfort in the Implant Process: Anticipate some pain with a new implant, minimized through modern anaesthetics. Post-procedure, swelling and aching may occur for 5-10 days. Many patients undergo multiple implants in a single day with minimal pain or distress.
Implants undergo colour matching and meticulous shaping to seamlessly harmonize with your natural teeth. To the unaided eye, discerning an implant becomes an arduous task.
Long-Lasting Dental Implants
Once the implant integrates with your jawbone and surrounding tissues, the artificial titanium structure functions like a natural root.
When we insert a titanium implant into the jawbone, it becomes an integral part of your oral structure.
This provides numerous health advantages, such as averting bone loss, reinforcing the jawbone's structure, and diminishing the likelihood of gum disease. [Learn More.]
Longevity of Dental Implants
When appropriately cared for, dental implants boast a lifespan ranging from ten to twenty-five years or even longer.
Dental implants are beneficial for:
- Tooth loss due to trauma, accidents, or injuries
- Missing teeth resulting from gum disease or insufficient bone
- Substituting old, worn, or fractured dentures
- Integrated treatments like Implant-Retained Dentures
- Offering both removable and fixed options
- Addressing individual tooth loss or entire arches in a single session
The enduring success of your implant hinges on the commitment to enhancing and preserving your oral health. [Discover more.]